Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Staying... for now

Well... after all that... He's not leaving after all.

Word on the street is that there were several dogs unexpectedly dropped from Breeder Eval so they can only take a few dogs back, and because Placer is the youngest one that is eligible, he's not leaving. They are thinking he might fly back sometime in the December or January.

I have mixed emotions about this.

I adore Placer (as I'm sure you know) and I really don't want to see him go. He is great to take out, easy to have around, and fun to play with. We really do love having him around. He's really just at that point we don't even think twice about taking him somewhere.

On the other side, he's ready. I worry about him getting bored and trying to pick up bad habits. I know that sounds silly to say that of a golden retriever, because they tend to be less mature, but he really is ready. I think partially because we expected him to leave, so we worked really hard to get him ready.

But, now that King is old enough, we do get to start alternating weeks with him too. This makes it so much easier to work with them individually...  So I think Placer will get to work on those little things more effectively- like relieving on hard surfaces or learning how to stop shedding... oh wait.

Here's to another few more weeks/months with the Placer-Bear... and being down to 2 dogs. :)


No comments: